Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Software Engineer
- You’ll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
- We're offering this position at Assistant Vice President level
What you'll do
You’ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We’ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and application programming interfaces for use across the bank
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Support the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
With your background in software engineering, you'll have a great understanding of the software development lifecycle and the ability to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions.
You'll also need at least six years' experience providing level two or three support in a technical environment.
You'll also need:
- Experience of developing applications and microservices in Java and SpringBoot
- A good understanding of RESTful APIs, DevOps, Kafka and Streamsets
- Practical experience using CI/CD tools like TeamCity and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Exposure to test-driven development, automated test frameworks and testing tools
- An understanding of the core principles underpinning operational excellence
- The ability to support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams