Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Jersey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Jersey.
Join us as a Mortgage Support Officer
- Take on a new role in an exciting and dynamic team, offering vital support to clients with mortgage needs
- We’ll look to you to deliver high standards for each case you own, with proactive organisation and accurate records and file management
- This is an opportunity for you to develop your knowledge of mortgages and financial markets, in an environment where we take a real investment in your career progression
- If applying for Jersey and Isle of Man and you don't already live here, you'll need to clearly state in your CV that you have the right to live and work in your chosen location to be considered for this role
What you'll do
You’ll be directly supporting our mortgage specialists with the on-boarding and processing of new mortgage customers as well as managing existing mortgage customers’ needs. With excellent attention to detail, you’ll make sure that requests for offer letters and rate bookings are processed in a timely manner. Working with mortgage specialists and other stakeholders, we'll look to you to deliver a seamless customer experience for new and existing mortgage customers.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Identifying barriers to individual and team performance and coordinating improvements to enhance our efficiency
- Maintaining personal productivity and quality output levels
- Reviewing manual or ineffective processes which could be automated or enhanced
- Maintaining a focus on improving our customer service and experiences
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have excellent planning and organisational skills, along with good attention to detail. You’ll perform well under pressure and be confident in your ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining high levels of accuracy throughout.
We’ll also expect you to demonstrate:
- The ability to work well as part of a team and at pace where required
- Good Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- The ability to convey information in a simple and understandable way
- The ability to learn quickly using multiple core systems and applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear and professional manner using various mediums