Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Lending & Specialist Financing Fraud Product Owner
- Take on an influential role in our Commercial & Institutional Fraud Management team, where you’ll own a product vision and roadmap while contributing to wider strategic objectives
- You’ll be based in our Fraud Prevention Centre of Excellence, where you’ll collaborate with customers, stakeholders, teams and users to get their feedback and use this to help us shape the future of our business
- It’s a chance to make a key contribution to our team culture too, drawing on your passion for innovation and expertise in Agile methodology to create an environment that champions the potential of our colleagues, our customers and our business
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to bring the point of view of our customers, end users, or stakeholders to the forefront of understanding the product vision. With exceptional leadership skills, you’ll drive your team towards this vision, regularly stopping along the way to check-in, adjust, calibrate, and move forward.
You'll make sure that stories and enablers meet the acceptance and quality criteria, keeping them in-line with the vision, features and programme increment objectives. You’ll also manage any remaining ventures relationships as they transition to the bank.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring fraud risk is addressed within the end-to-end customer journey for the full range of lending and specialist financing product offerings and merchant services.
- Controlling and owning your team’s backlog content authority and helping break down features into stories and priorities
- Making sure that the backlog is maintained, and that your delivery teams are collaborating frequently and effectively with customers or users to populate and refine the backlog
- Working with enterprise architects and teams to understand and prioritise the enablers
- Supporting the development of your teams by answering any questions and removing impediments
- Tracking and reporting progress, and attending any retrospective spanning all delivery teams that are involved with delivering the product
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a creative thinker and an established leader, with a good understanding of Agile methodologies and experience of working in an Agile team. You’ll also have knowledge and experience of commercial lending, specialist financing product offerings, and the associated fraud landscape.
You’ll understand core term lending products including government schemes lending, working capital and invoice, asset, trade financing fraud trends, merchant services, and regulatory change and scheme mandates. You’ll also have the ability to influence stakeholders and communicate technical matters in a clear and concise manner, as well as experience of prioritising and driving backlog based on customer needs, benefits opportunities, technical feasibility, and market conditions.
Additionally, we’ll expect you to have:
- Experience gained in Commercial Banking and knowledge of lending, specialist financing products and merchant services
- An expert understanding of risk and controls management, and knowledge of product development and management techniques
- Experience of changing team or department mind-sets, cultures, and structures
- A background of working with delivery teams and knowledge of collaboration techniques
- The ability to motivate, actively engage, and communicate with colleagues at all levels
- A track record of challenging the status quo and constructively innovating fraud journeys
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.