Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Guernsey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Guernsey.
Join us as an Assistant Relationship Director
- We’re looking for a team player to build and maintain good commercial relationships across the bank and with our clients
- You’ll be delivering exceptional customer service and generating new business from customer relationships
- This is an opportunity to get great exposure across the business by participating in marketing, client entertainment and presentations
- If you don’t currently live in Guernsey, you’ll need to specifically state in your CV that you have the right to live and work here to be considered for this role
What you'll do
We’re looking for someone to generate new business through relationships with both prospective and existing clients. You’ll also be expected to support management, as directed by senior colleagues, in achieving the agreed targets through the development of shadow portfolios and quality customer referrals. In addition, you’ll also make sure that all client queries are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner.
You’ll also be:
- Supporting managers to achieve growth targets
- Handling taking on new clients and holding meetings with customers
- Maintaining and updating client records to show any changes in their status
- Liaising with clients in the processing of their loan drawdowns and rollovers
The skills you'll need
To excel in this role, you’ll need to have experience of providing superior customer service. You’ll also need excellent interpersonal skills for collaborating with colleagues. We’re also looking for someone with good numeracy skills and a strong educational background, preferably with a degree.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience with knowledge of business applications
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- An awareness of risk in a financial environment
- The ability to work unsupervised with strong levels of accuracy