Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Credit Strategy Risk Manager
- We’ll look to you to drive forward our credit strategy through the influence and ownership of new product design, account opening, portfolio management, innovation or arrears, covering strategy and policy
- You’ll be driving the development of personal and private lending portfolios, assessing and recommending opportunities where appropriate
- This is an opportunity to gain exposure as you work with teams across the bank to design, sign off, implement, test and monitor credit policies
What you'll do
As a Credit Strategy Risk Manager, you’ll be supporting the business through developing and maintaining risk and decision support models, providing other analytically driven insight and innovative solutions to achieve future strategic priorities.
You’ll also be:
- Supporting the management of portfolio credit risks including bad debt provisions, risk weighted assets and costs, delivering impairments and provision cover within limits
- Making sure that the personal and private credit risk portfolios continue to perform within risk limit frameworks
- Driving active and effective change management through the successful design, development and delivery of key strategic initiatives
- Managing stakeholders across a diverse matrix structure
- Liaising and influencing the franchise regarding ongoing credit customer management and projects
- Providing insight and challenge where appropriate, driving the automation agenda
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience with coding languages, coupled with excellent analytical skills. As well as this, you’ll need a good understanding of the banking industry, its risk management, and the regulatory requirements.
In addition, you’ll demonstrate:
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools
- Previous experience of the development and practical application of risk
- Experience of data interrogation and interpreting it to create impactful and simple solutions
- Project management skills and the ability to work as a team and with stakeholders
- The proven ability to explain technical subject matter to a nontechnical audience
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.