Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Infrastructure Analyst
- Hone your analytical skills as you provide support to ensure the operational health of the platform, covering all aspects of service, risk, cost and people
- You’ll be managing all aspects of an Oracle database including installation, configuration, design, and data migration.
- This is an opportunity to learn a variety of new skills in a constantly evolving environment, working closely with feature teams to continuously enhance your development
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Analyst, you’ll be providing input to and supporting the team’s activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps, while supporting change demands from domains or centres of excellence. You’ll be supporting the delivery of a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms.
In addition, you’ll be contributing to the delivery of customer outcomes, innovation and early learning by contributing to test products and services to identify early on if they are viable and deliver the desired outcomes.
Your role will involve:
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, security, backups, and data recovery
- Installing, patching, maintaining and monitoring Oracle databases
- Goldengate installation, configuration and tuning
- Contributing to the planning and execution of work within the platform and the timely servicing of feature development requests from cross platform initiatives, and supporting the delivery of regulatory reporting
- Participating and seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform infrastructure, architecture, services and customer solutions, guarding against introducing new complexity
- Building relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders
- Making sure that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX, to ensure full compliance to all our policies and regulatory obligations
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level. You’ll need a solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration.
We’ll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Oracle RAC knowledge for installation and configuration
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
- An understanding of operational principles
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.