Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior Auditor, NWM COO
- You’ll contribute to independent audit engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle
- You’ll provide quality, efficient, and effective assurance, influencing business managers to improve control
- This is a vital role in which you’ll help to keep the bank and our customers safe
What you'll do
As our Senior Auditor, you’ll support the delivery of a flexible and risk-based audit plan that addresses regulatory requirements and provides independent assurance and opinions with impact. You’ll assess risks and controls and undertake testing, while effectively contributing to continuous monitoring by undertaking analysis of MI or reviews of risk information. You’ll also efficiently and effectively engage with business stakeholders within engagements, ensuring a sufficient understanding of business risks and open and effective discussions.
In addition to this, you’ll:
- Lead small engagements to produce effective engagement reports and opinions which successfully influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite
- Contribute to discussions in order to influence the prudent management of risk
- Deliver elements of a regular or complex audit engagement and contribute to assurance planning and the undertaking of effective process mapping
- Coach and support less experienced auditors
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need sound analytical skills and the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively, quickly establishing what’s important.
You’ll also need:
- Experience in audit, assurance, or risk management
- A strong understanding of the principles of good risk management
- A thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good stakeholder management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.