Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Product Owner
- Working with the Product Manager your time will be split between discovery and delivery and you will be tasked to find the best solutions to prioritised customer and business problems
- You’ll analyse research and data, talk to customers and review feature requests
- Collaborating with your squad on prototyping and validation of potential solutions to customer problems, you’ll establish that proposed features are valuable, usable, feasible and compliant with policies and regulations
- You'll be putting the customer at the heart of our digital channel plans and constantly improving their digital journey
What you'll do
As a Product Owner, you’ll be leading the development and continuous improvement of a range of digital feature sets, working with talented designers and engineers to deliver the best outcomes for our customers. You’ll be setting the vision for a whole host of digital features, making sure that we create a world-class digital experience for our customers. What’s more, you’ll take ownership of the roadmap and the definition, management and prioritisation of the backlog.
You’ll also be:
- Building the best overall picture for your assigned product areas and be the go-to person for information and updates on your product area
- Prioritising the squad backlog, deciding what gets worked on and in what order
- Breaking EPICs into detailed user stories and feature specifications in JIRA for the team to pick up and build
- Working with the technology leads to set objectives for sprints and ensure the quality of output - ensuring Product Governance processes are adhered to - with particular focus on risk and regulatory compliance
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need to have previous experience of working in a Scrum or Agile team. You’ll need the ability to innovate, partner and collaborate with customers and colleagues to implement the best digital experience for our customers. In addition, you’ll have a successful track record of digital delivery and operations along with digital channel management and human centred design experience.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- An understanding of the needs of business customers and how we can serve them digitally
- Technical background with a fundamental understanding of product, software development and UX and an understanding of technologies across mobile, web and APIs
- Exposure to some of the following topics: Financial products and account lifecycles (interest, tax, fee calculation and application) and finance / banking related business areas such as ledgers, financial reporting, reconciliations, liquidity management, etc
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.