Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a PMO Officer
- As PMO Officer, you'll be involved in our Info Map programme supporting the PMO Manager and Programme Lead with Programme Governance, Budgeting, Resourcing and risk management
- With exposure to a wide range of stakeholders, you’ll be supporting a number of projects, products and programmes, enabling teams to focus on developing and delivering solutions and removing impediments
- This is a remote-first role and you'll need to be based in the UK so that you can meet the needs of our stakeholders across the function
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll be working in Data & Analytics on the exciting Info Map & Data Governance Programme. This programme is delivering a valuable and innovative information asset to the Bank, a “google-like” map of the Bank, that will transform our ability to understand, control and unlock commercial value from our complex information landscape. Reporting to the PMO Manager or Programme Manager, you’ll be helping them with planning activities by capturing and tracking the key programme planning outputs, including objectives, business value, milestones, risks and dependencies. As a PMO Officer, we’ll look to you to collaborate well with others to establish the key progress points and deliverables that will give value.
You’ll also be:
- Helping to develop and maintain roadmaps
- Providing guidance and support to teams on essential financial management activities, including purchase order management, forecasting, budgeting and time recording
- Ensuring an alignment between the financial reporting systems and project reporting systems, and challenging any financial variances
- Building positive working relationships with stakeholders across multiple domains, franchises and functions and at different levels of hierarchy
- Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with strong Programme Office management experience, including Risk and Issue management and assurance , as well as expertise in tools such as Excel, Powerpoint, MSP, Planview and SharePoint. Excellent communication skills are essential, and you’ll be able to challenge constructively, while developing and maintaining strong and open working relationships.
You’ll also need:
- An understanding of Idea 2 Value frameworks
- Knowledge of programme types, approaches, and programme risk management
- Expertise in tools such as Excel, Powerpoint, MSP, Planview and SharePoint
- Experience of change frameworks, policies and procedures
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies, with experience of working in an Agile team
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work across multi-disciplined teams
- The ability to operate effectively within an environment of change and provide clarity and insight to complex discussions and debates
- Strong prioritisation skills across multiple work streams and a proactive approach to work
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.