Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as a Senior Valuation Controller
• Hone your valuation skills and advance your career as you undertake complex financial and valuation issues
• You’ll identify improvements in processes to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
• This is an opportunity to enhance your skillset while opening doors for career progression
What you'll do
As Senior Valuation Controller, you’ll support the wider team in achieving objectives, project and process improvement initiatives, and collaborate with management in the review and challenge of team outputs. You’ll oversee the calculations of statements and other financial reporting in line with business requirements, and work proactively with all internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around the process performed.
You'll be providing independent price verification for the trading portfolio, looking at a variety of products mainly for derivatives such as futures, forwards, interest rate derivatives, inflation derivatives, currency and exotic options or structured products. You'll also be calculating bid offer reserves and valuation adjustments, as well as overseeing prudential valuation calculation and reporting.
Through the course of your work, you’ll:
• Maintain standard controls at an exemplary level, including making sure that reporting is complete on a timely and accurate basis and that issues are flagged and fully explained to Finance management
• Build and develop a proactive approach to customer engagement, establishing and sustaining effective service levels and managing delivery to these agreements
• Drive forward the product control and Finance change agenda
• Identify and manage process improvements, for both internal and customer service improvements, ensuring existing processes and development activities remain focused on the operating model
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all results and submissions
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need an understanding of general financial control concepts and requirements, and hold a degree in finance, banking or economics or an equivalent qualification. You’ll be experienced in coordinating and supervising the work of others and running project teams and have a background of working with and building strong business relationships in a changing and fast moving environment.
In addition, you'll bring an analytical mindset with strong attention to detail, and insight into valuation models and practical Excel knowledge.
We’ll also look to you to bring:
• Experience in coordinating and supervising the work of others and running project teams
• A background of working with and building strong business relationships in a changing and fast moving environment
• An in depth understanding of full front to back IT infrastructure
• The ability to break down complex problems into their core components
• A strong background of working in a finance, banking and audit environment, and ideally also product control
• Experience of influencing other and maintaining ongoing relationships with key clients