Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Software Engineer
- In your new role, you’ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions
- We’ll look to you to design and engineer software focusing on the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career as you develop the discipline of software engineering across the business
What you'll do
As a Software Engineer, you’ll design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting and exceeding the anticipated load, performance and availability volumes, including load balancing, performance testing and benchmarking.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You’ll also be:
- Producing high quality software which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers. You’ll also have experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking or stubbing and unit testing tools. Ideally, you’ll also have a background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems.
You’ll also need:
- Technical and domain skills on Mainframe technology – COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM, DB2, REXX, file handling, File AID, SPUFI, Xpeditor, batch scheduling & monitoring CA7, Web Services etc.
- Hands on knowledge of design principles, design level engagements by preparing and getting agreement on designs and resolving design deadlocks.
- Experience of end-to-end ownership of all technical aspects in line with business requirements, including monitoring output of other designers in the feature team, implementing best development practices, inputting to project plans, understanding business domain and proactively improving system scalability, robustness, performance and flexibility.
- Working knowledge of Agile/DevOps; tools like Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, CI/CD, Topaz etc.
- Hands On knowledge on Test automation frameworks like UCD/SILK and virtual test environments like zVM is preferable.
- Proficient in Mainframe related Tools for Batch Environment like CA7 and Endevor.
- Should be comfortable picking Overnight Oncall support
These are Mainframe Development & Mainframe Support roles.