Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Commercial Banking - Customer Products & Propositions Graduate Programme
Locations: Manchester, 1 Hardman Boulevard
- To be eligible for our Commercial Banking - Customer Products & Propositions programme, you’ll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people with the curiosity to approach things from fresh perspectives and the determination to shape the best solutions for our customers.
About the programme
The Customer Products & Propositions graduate programme will see you analysing customer journeys, creating new products and ways to better serve our Commercial Banking customers including through our popular digital channels. You’ll develop an entrepreneurial mindset along with skills including consultancy, strategic problem solving, innovation, project and risk management.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £33,500. If you join a team based in London you will be awarded an additional allowance of £3450 a year (pro rata). And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
Over the two years of this programme you’ll:
- Build a deep understanding of product development, customer journeys, innovation and our growing digital banking proposition
- Develop an understanding of our customers’ needs across a range of sectors, and expertise in the products we offer
- Help design solutions that enhance the end-to-end customer experience driving long term value
- Develop robust credit, lending and risk management skills
- Build the confidence and critical capabilities you need to succeed
- Gain an insight into what it’s like to work in a purpose-led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Work towards completing a professional qualification during your first year and choosing a second qualification from a pre-defined list for your second year.
At the end of the programme, you’ll be well positioned to apply for roles such as Product Analyst, Capital Management Associate or Digital Consultant.
About the business area
In Commercial Banking we focus on building strong relationships and helping UK businesses to thrive in an ever-changing world. From entrepreneurial start-ups to FTSE100 customers, we provide comprehensive banking services across a range of UK businesses, including debt financing, transaction services and innovative banking solutions.
Our vision is to be a relationship bank for a digital world - one that supports customers at every stage of their lifecycle through our face-to-face, direct and digital channels.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.