Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Germany and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Germany.
- To be eligible for our NatWest Markets Frankfurt Graduate Programme you’ll need to hold, or be on course to achieving a degree classification of at least 2.3 (or equivalent) in your Bachelor’s degree
- A degree in a finance-related subject isn’t essential, but we’d expect you to be able to show your interest and first-hand experience in finance and capital markets, for example through an internship or university lectures
- You’ll need to be fully fluent in both German and English
- You’ll have a strong interest in developing a client-facing career in finance, focussing on fixed income capital markets and Credit
- You’ll have an entrepreneurial approach to your work with the ability to adapt within a rapidly changing business environment.
- You'll have excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the programme
You’ll be working as an Analyst in our NatWest Market’s Frankfurt office within either the Private Financing Sales or Financial Institutions Debt Capital Markets team as an Analyst. Working with senior leaders early on in your placement, we’ll give you the tools and support you’ll need to make a real impact to the team around you.
Wherever you’re placed, you’ll have the chance to gain exposure to NatWest Markets’ full suite of products, and work for or interact with a range of teams across the bank including Debt Capital Markets, Loan Markets, Corporate and FI Advisory, Syndicate, Sustainable Finance, Rates and FX, and Transaction Services.
Working with senior leaders early on in your placement, we’ll give you the tools and support you need to make a real impact to the team around you.
For Private Financing Sales you’ll:
- Support the senior members of the Private Financing Sales team in the origination, structuring and execution of financing and solutions transactions within the Private Financing business
- Support the delivery of the full suite of Private Financing offerings and services, including Fund Financing, Speciality Finance, Repo and Risk Transformation, Derivatives, Advisory, Alternative Asset Origination and Distribution, Tailored Investment Products to our client base in all geographies with a focus on Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Embrace our ESG approach across all these activities with our clients
For Financial Institutions Debt Capital Markets you'll:
- Provide coverage of banks and insurance companies in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Nordics.
- Support senior originators in their day-to-day coverage of clients, e.g. by conducting financial analyses of fixed income securities, prepare materials for client meetings, organising investor roadshows for clients
- Work very closely with colleagues in London and Paris across Syndicate, Capital Solutions, Ratings Advisory, Liability Management and Sustainable Finance teams, to name a few
- Get client exposure early on in your career due to the lean structure of the team.
About the business area
We’re a growing business that values entrepreneurship and innovation. Our focus is on what matters most to our customers, and what we do best; providing financing, risk management and trading solutions in Europe, Asia and the US. We aim to be the partner of choice for our NatWest Group customers and their financial markets needs.
Please note applications will need to be submitted in English. Please include a CV and cover letter on a single document.
Applications will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out