Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Data & Analytics internship, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- Curious and inquisitive with a real passion for data and technology, and the drive to explore how it can be used to make a positive difference for our customers
- You’ll bring strong problem-solving skills, along with an analytical approach and an appreciation of analysis techniques
About the programme
Over the course of this eight-week summer internship, we’ll give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
This is your chance to act as a bridge between our data and stakeholders - developing dashboards that analyse trends and communicating insights to help us make better data-driven decisions. This is your chance to learn how we’re using data to drive changes to improve our customer experiences.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £22,600.
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our culture, values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it’s like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Access a variety of new and different tools and platforms
- Support the bank across many different areas such as Financial Crime, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Risk
At the end of the placement, we’ll assess you on what you’ve learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 Data and Analytics Graduate Programme, where you can build on the skills you’ve learnt and take the next step in your career.
About the business area
In Data & Analytics we promote the intelligent use of data and making sure it’s used in the right way. Data is one of our biggest assets. How we harness this data to understand the world, our business and our customers is crucial to our success.
Good data engineering helps us to get to grips with the data we have, and to profile the key features we can use to power our data science models. And in Data Science, we can apply statistics, computer science and problem-solving skills together with strong research methods, to test, learn and optimise machine learning powered decisions.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.