Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior Auditor in Group Functions Technology
- Specialising in the auditing of applications, you’ll help provide independent audit assurance over application technology controls supporting key business processes across some of the Groups’ most important central functions, including Financial Crime, Core Banking and Risk & Finance
- We’ll look to you to provide high quality assurance efficiently and effectively, helping influence business managers to improve the control environment
- This is a fast-paced and varied role which will enable you to build your network , by collaborating with a broad range of senior stakeholders across Internal Audit and the wider organisation.
What you'll do
As a Senior Auditor, you’ll be engaging with business stakeholders throughout audit engagements to develop a good understanding of the key risks to the business. You’ll undertake testing of the key controls that are in place to mitigate these key risks. In addition, you’ll be contributing to the production of insightful engagement reports and opinions which successfully influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite.
You’ll also be:
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertaking process mapping
- Contributing to continuous risk monitoring by analysing MI and/or attending regular stakeholder meetings
- Coaching auditors on engagements to support them to realise their full potential
- Leveraging our industry leading audit methodology and tools, including data analytics and smart auditing techniques
- Effectively sharing knowledge across the function in relation to specific engagements
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll ideally have worked in an internal or external audit environment, and bring audit, assurance or risk management experience. You’ll also need experience in technology auditing, strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively. CISA qualification or similar is preferred but not essential.
You’ll also bring:
- A strong understanding of the principles of good risk management
- A thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A clear communication style, with the ability to translate complex concepts in a clear and concise way
- Excellent attention to detail
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.