Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Credit Stress Testing Analytics Manager
- Take on a pivotal role in our Finance function, in which you’ll be modelling credit projections for stress testing, capital planning and strategy setting purposes
- You’ll enjoy extensive visibility at a senior level within the bank and with executives and regulators
- It’s an opportunity to further your career by working with senior stakeholders and enhance your technical skills and knowledge of the business in a fast paced environment
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to model credit risk scenario projections for a specific business area using the approved models and processes, ensuring a high standard of accuracy and adherence to controls in line with given regulatory time scales. You’ll be providing comprehensive supporting analysis and MI to explain scenario projections in the context of the given scenario, other inputs, models, methodology and assumptions, while engaging with stakeholders and experts from the business areas, Risk, Audit, and other functions to provide business insights and analysis in a timely manner.
Other key aspects of your role will involve:
- Developing the quantitative models needed to project impairments and credit risk weighted assets, implementing the approved models or analytics solutions
- Developing adjustments to modelled outputs to address model weaknesses and limitations or apply management judgement
- Preparing detailed, high quality presentation materials for review and challenge purposes, and presenting modelling results to stakeholders
- Producing ad hoc insights or analysis, as needed by the business or regulators, to help interpret and use stress testing results and scenario projections
- Providing accurate evidence and documentation to help complete controls for the credit risk scenario projections process on time
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need knowledge of credit or financial modelling, with strong technical and communication skills. We’ll also look for you to have significant experience of credit risk analysis in a retail or wholesale banking environment, and a thorough understanding of stress testing requirements and the process, models, methodology and controls for generating credit scenario projections.
You should also hold a degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or Economics preferably to PhD or post graduate level or with additional professional qualifications, such as a CFA or FRM.
As well as this, you’ll demonstrate:
- Strong data handling and analysis skills, including programming languages such as SQL and Python or similar
- An excellent understanding of the relevant capital requirements regulations and IFRS 9
- An organised approach with the ability to manage projects and work effectively to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.