Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Model Risk Capabilities Manager
- This is your opportunity to make a tangible impact on our business and for our customers
- You’ll apply your knowledge of risk management to guide and advise colleagues with risk-related queries
- Ultimately, you’ll support our people to take personal responsibility for understanding, investigating and embracing the opportunities risk can bring for us, our customers and the bank
What you'll do
As Model Risk Capabilities Manager, you’ll partner with colleagues and risk-representatives in Services to make sure risk is managed consistently, efficiently, and effectively throughout the function.
You’ll do this by:
- Providing input to the design and implementation of model risk framework elements which are compliant with regulatory and organisation requirements
- Supporting the oversight of the model risk profile and model risk policy compliance across the
- Engaging with teams across Services to provide data protection and model risk training
- Guiding and advising colleagues on queries concerning data protection, ethics and model risk
- Supporting risk champions and business reps to identify and manage high-risk processes and models
- Carrying out quality control activities for our data protection and model risk operating models
The skills you'll need
To make an impact in your role, you’ll need experience gained in the banking industry or a regulatory or commercial environment.
We also want you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the regulations and impacting laws associated with model risk
- Knowledge of relevant Data Protection and Privacy & Client Confidentiality policies and their associated requirements, regulations and risk management
- An affinity for absorbing complex information and implementing solutions that are simple, transparent, auditable and fair
- A results-focused approach to your work
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.