Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Netherlands and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Netherlands.
We’re looking for a Communications & Marketing Intern to join us in Amsterdam.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting the creation and delivery of internal and external content and events for both customers and colleagues of NatWest Markets N.V. across Western Europe.
The role is based in Amsterdam and is available for 6 months. The internship will bring you to the heart of our business in Europe while also working closely with the marketing and internal communications teams in the UK. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications for Western Europe.
This is your chance to build on your skills and experience while working in the dynamics of an international purpose-led financial organisation, learning every day and acquiring new skills and perspectives through on-the-job experiences. You can also get opportunities for career development like coaching and online trainings.
If you’re a student to obtain a degree in a Marketing or Communications related field, a hands-on self-starter with an innovative and creative mind-set and you’re interested in NatWest, get in touch!,
What you'll do
- Support the delivery of internal communications and colleague engagement plans, campaigns and activities in Western Europe across the full communications spectrum.
- Support the delivery of marketing plans, campaigns and activities across the full marketing spectrum .
- Create impactful and effective content in line with our purpose and marketing proposition for both customers and colleagues (digital, offline, social media assets, etc.).
- Support event management for online and face-to-face customer events and internal town halls for colleagues in Western Europe.
- Support day to day activities, administration and ad hoc requests for the Communication and Marketing function in the region.
- Complete all relevant and required E-learning modules.
- Display risk practices and behaviours consistent with a culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think.
- Ensure there is a disciplined and robust adherence to governance and communication sign offs, using mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined Risk Appetite.
- Comply with Our Code, All NatWest Group Policies, ‘How we manage NatWest Group’, and if applicable ‘How we manage our Business’, and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations.
The skills you'll need
- You’ll need to hold a study agreement with a Dutch university or business school
- A strong customer focus
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to learn and quickly adapt to change
- Excellent (or native) English speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of different communications channels and formats
- Good organisation and project management skills
- Collaborative mind-set and good engagement and relationship building skills
- An eye for detail
- Resourceful and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
About the business area
NatWest Markets is the investment banking division of the wider NatWest Group. We provide financing, risk management and trading solutions to customers across rates, currencies, credit, securitised products and financing across the UK, Europe, US and Asia. Putting purpose at our core, we aim to be the partner of choice for our NatWest customers and their financial markets needs. Our businesses and product teams work closely together. Our customers place a premium on insight and innovation, and we focus on origination, structuring, risk distribution and high-quality client coverage to deliver this.
NatWest Markets N.V. looks after our European customers and is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with branches in Italy, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland and Sweden. Our customers include financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns, banks and asset managers. Our integrated, cross-product teams anticipate the needs of our clients and meet them through excellent service and seamless execution.
At NatWest Group, we champion potential, helping people, families, and businesses to thrive. We know our success depends on helping our customers succeed. By championing potential, we can make a meaningful impact in our customers’ lives and equip them to play a positive part in the economy and environment.