Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as a Senior Java Software Engineer
- This is a challenging role that will see you design and engineer software with the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- You’ll actively contribute to our architecture, design and engineering centre of excellence, collaborating to improve the bank’s overall software engineering capability
- It’s an opportunity to hone your technical talents and advance your career in a FinTech environment where you’ll be building modern banking solutions from scratch
What you'll do
As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you’ll be creating great customer outcomes via engineering and innovative solutions to existing and new challenges, and technology designs which are innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust.
You’ll be working with software engineers in the production and prototyping of innovative ideas, engaging with domain and enterprise architects to validate and leverage these in wider contexts, by incorporating the relevant architectures. We’ll also look to you to design and develop software with a focus on the automation of build, test and deployment activities, while developing the discipline of software engineering across the business.
You’ll also be:
- Defining, creating and providing oversight and governance of engineering and design solutions with a focus on end-to-end automation, simplification, resilience, security, performance, scalability and reusability
- Working within a platform or feature team along with software engineers to design and engineer complex software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, acting as a point of contact for solution design considerations
- Defining and developing architecture models and roadmaps of application and software components to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing the working code, along with applying Agile methods to the development of software with the use of DevOps techniques
The skills you'll need
You’ll need significant software engineering experience and a successful track record of developing software using DevOps and Agile frameworks.
Along with an expert understanding of the latest market trends, technologies and tools, you’ll bring significant and demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance.
You’ll also need:
- Proficiency in SpringBoot and a good understanding of the Spring framework
- Experience working with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and GitLab
- Exposure to N-tier and event-driven architecture using MongoDB, Kafka, Docker Kubernetes
- Proficiency in ReactJS, AngularJS and NodeJS
- Experience of leading software development teams in a matrix structure and introducing and executing technical strategies
- Significant test-driven development experience using automated test frameworks and mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools
- Experience of designing and implementing APIs
- Exposure to code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- The ability to understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions