Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Cloud Security Engineer
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone highly interested in security to help develop and improve Mettle’s security posture
- You’ll be working with multiple stakeholders, in both engineering and business capabilities, to understand implementation and process decisions and help improve them
- It’s a hands on and critical role in our growing Technology team, that will see you helping to make sure we roll out applications that are as safe and secure as possible for our customers
What you'll do
Working within the Security team, you’ll play a key part in securing our cloud native IaaS and PaaS services at Mettle. You'll be performing the majority of our core services in AWS, with an increasing number of use cases utilising GCP.
You’ll also be:
- Continuously improving detection and visibility for security events across our cloud infrastructure
- Supporting and working with architects and the Security team, while exchanging knowledge and upskilling each other
- Promoting and implementing new security initiatives, and trialling new security tools
- Delivering continuous improvement to our cloud platform security while balancing security against other business requirements
- Working closely with other teams to review and drive security improvements
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone who’s highly interested in security with an ability to work in a fast paced environment. You'll bring an understanding and knowledge of common industry cyber security frameworks, standards and methodologies, including OWASP, MITRE ATT&CK and NIST.
In addition, you'll need some experience of using Terraform or other declarative infrastructure paradigms, paired with a strong understanding and implementation experience of networking and distributed architecture.
You’ll also need:
- Excellent knowledge of AWS or GCP IaaS and PaaS
- Good working knowledge of containers or Kubernetes
- To be comfortable working with and the ability to build continuous delivery pipelines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good influencing skills, and experience of working with multiple teams
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.