Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Guernsey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Guernsey.
Join us as a Data Scientist
- You’ll design and implement data science tools and methods which harness our data in order to drive market leading purposeful customer solutions
- We’ll look to you to actively participate in the data community to identify and deliver opportunities to support the bank’s strategic direction through better use of data
- This is an opportunity to promote data literacy education with business stakeholders supporting them to foster a data driven culture and to make a real impact with your work
What you'll do
As a Data Scientist, you’ll bring together statistical, mathematical, machine-learning and software engineering skills to consider multiple solutions, techniques and algorithms to develop and implement ethically sound models end-to-end. We’ll look to you to understand the needs of business stakeholders, form hypotheses and identify suitable data and analytics solutions to meet those needs in order to support the achievement of our business strategy.
You’ll also be:
- Using data translation skills to work closely with business stakeholders to define detailed business questions, problems or opportunities which can be supported through analytics
- Applying a software engineering and product development lens to business problems, creating, scaling and deploying software driven products and services
- Working in an Agile way within multi-disciplinary data and analytics teams to achieve agreed project and scrum outcomes
- Selecting, building, training and testing machine learning models considering model valuation, model risk, governance and ethics, making sure that models are ready to implement and scale
- Iteratively building and prototyping data analysis pipelines to provide insights that will ultimately lead to production deployment
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience within financial services or with a demonstrable understanding of banking products. You’ll need a strong academic background in a STEM discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science. You’ll have experience with statistical modelling and machine learning techniques.
We'll also expect good communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and colleagues, including non technical audiences. You'll have the ability to identify wider business impact, risk or opportunities and make connections across key outputs and processes.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience with SQL, Python and data science libraries including NumPy, Sklearn, Pandas and similar
- An understanding of statistics and probability theory
- The ability to use data to solve business problems from hypotheses through to resolution
- Experience using programming language and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience of Cloud applications and options and exploratory data analysis
- Experience in synthesising, translating and visualising data and insights for key stakeholders