Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Python Software Engineer
- Are you ready to take on an exciting new career challenge? This is your chance to be a part of and deliver our commitment to being an engineering-led and customer-driven bank
- Our Software Engineers love creating, building, learning new technologies and working with others to bring brilliant products and features to life
- We encourage our people to try new things and experiment, creating a culture of innovation
- We’re looking for curious individuals who share our passion for new technology and want to be part of a global, diverse and inclusive team
What you'll do
Our mission is to build an effective software engineering ecosystem to support engineering colleagues to achieve amazing business outcomes.
Our teams have shown what we can achieve by embracing Agile working and ‘one bank’ thinking. We’ll give you the power to innovate and implement real change, because it’s not just about doing, it’s about doing it the right way. You’ll help to shape the future by delivering customer centric solutions that utilise the latest technologies and keep pace with the evolving needs of our customers.
As a Python Software Engineer, you’ll embrace this opportunity to champion a digital-first approach, designing and engineering software with the customer or user experience as the primary objective. Working within a feature team, you’ll collaborate with other engineers, architects, business analysts across the platform, as well as other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, goals and requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with and sharing ideas with our global team of technologists
- Designing, developing, maintaining and testing code with a focus on the automation of deployment activities, using executable and repeatable patterns
- Creating high quality software to develop and update products for our customers
- Producing resilient and sustainable future proof software
- Optimising our software engineering capability and new technologies
You’ll need full stack experience in software design and implementation, using Python as your primary language. You’ll be customer-focused and technology solution-oriented too, which you’ll demonstrate through your track record of delivering innovative solutions using modern architecture, platforms and tools.
Your ability to look beyond your own experiences and passion for putting the customer first to deliver industry-leading services that are truly inclusive for everyone will be vital.
You’ll also bring:
Should have at least 4 years Pyspark development experience. Total 5+ years of exp require in IT.
· Should have AWS, SQL, CICD , Bitbucket knowledge.
· Good to have Banking domain experience.
· Candidate should be able to work independently and perform development, testing and fixing.
Require good troubleshooting skill. Help other team members.
It’s time to engineer a new way of banking
Are you looking to develop your skillset? Working in an innovative environment that’s always evolving means the learning process never ends. You may have some exposure to the tools and frameworks we currently use in our technology landscape, however we’ll encourage you to continue your learning through the broad range of development opportunities that we offer.
- Front-end development: We favour React but we’re more framework agnostic and don’t standardise when leveraging our Web SDK
- Platforms: We develop across a variety of platforms including Unix, Windows, Mobile and Mainframe and in many cases our solutions use a mix of these
- Cloud: Continuous Cloud development is key for us moving forward, and we have a big focus on AWS and GCP
- DevOps and CI/CD: Microservices Architecture and API development are very important as we move to greater automation
- Behaviour Driven & Test Driven Development: These techniques are a key focus across our delivery teams
- Standardising on Kubernetes for automating container management