Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as an Engineering Manager
- In this key role, you’ll be leading a team of talented and creative engineers to build products
- We’ll look to you to deliver exceptionally high-quality work and empower engineers to make a big impact
- It’s a great opportunity to be recognised for your expertise and knowledge as you contribute to the bank-wide strategy
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be implementing and deploying engineering work with the team. You’ll work closely with the team’s product owner and delivery manager to plan and prioritise impactful technology investment initiatives.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Working with our guild leads, making sure the team delivers the highest standards of technical design and implementation
- Identifying and eliminating challenges, enabling the engineers to perform
- Supporting the team to deliver value at pace while managing the expectations of stakeholders
- Developing talent and maintaining a supportive and engaging team culture that’s focused on high performance
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of building and designing scalable and performant systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of an organisation. We’ll look to you to have excellent leadership skills and experience of leading a team of highly skilled engineers.
You’ll also have:
- Strong practical and theoretical knowledge of Java software development
- Expereince in hiring and developing great people including and improving recruitment processes for software engingeers
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.