Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as Head of Business Controls for Commercial & Institutional Ring-Fenced Bank
- This role will see you leading teams of first line control specialists to make sure that the material risks of the business are identified, considered and appropriately mitigated
- We’ll look to you to make sure key controls are established, risk appetite is defined, understood and monitored, and any enhancements are cost effective, within risk appetite, and consider the customer
- You can expect to grow your network and raise your leadership profile as you contribute to various boards and committees, building a secure bank that helps people and businesses thrive
- This high-profile, creative, and strategic role offers the advantage of a varied breadth of work, supporting stakeholders and driving improvements in productivity, efficiency, and performance, while coaching, inspiring, and developing your people
What you'll do
As the Head of Business Controls for Commercial & Institutional Ring-Fenced Bank (C&I RFB), you’ll be responsible for making sure that robust controls are in place to support effective risk and control management. You’ll make sure that any material risks have cost effective, key controls and that the risk position is monitored through KPIs allowing the executive to discharge their risk and control responsibilities.
You’ll help to define the risk appetite within C&I RFB, supporting the Accountable Executive Owner of each Level 1 risk to define appetite and support activity to review the risk position against that appetite. You’ll also be managing specific aspects of control management reporting, the delivery of risk assessments, and the risk appetite.
Your key priorities will be:
- Leading the delivery of a controls strategy and recommending changes to meet evolving customer, colleague, and regulatory needs
- Effectively implementing risk and control activity and establishing risk appetite alongside monitoring performance, ensuring a more proactive management of risk aligned to customer and business outcomes
- Leading the implementation and embedding of EWRMF within C&I RFB to harness effective end-to-end risk management
- Supporting the business to manage and respond to events, driving pragmatic and balanced decision making
- Supporting the business to resolve issues, improving the control environment of C&I RFB
- Driving the continuous development of colleagues and processes to maintain effective and sustainable risk and control teams and an appropriate control environment
- Developing quality and insightful risk management reporting
The skills you'll need
The breadth and depth of your risk management knowledge will be crucial to your success in this role. That’s why we’re keen for you to demonstrate a broad understanding of risk management, governance, and controls.
It’s also important that you demonstrate the ability to influence at executive level and cross-functional business and risk stakeholders.
You’ll also bring:
- A track record of successfully leading and managing teams
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry across different products and customer sectors
- Excellent communication skills, with a track record of influencing and shaping the direction of an organisation
- Critical thinking skills, enabling you to cut through complexity, and make sound recommendations
- The ability to share and collaborate across the three lines of defence to support the business in optimising and harmonising solutions
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.