Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Luxembourg and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Luxembourg.
Join us as a Chief Risk Officer
- Acting as a local Chief Risk Officer (CRO) for our Luxembourg branch, you’ll support local authorised management in achieving strategic, business, operational, financial, and risk outcomes
- You'll ensure that the extent of risk taking is consistent with our Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and approved risk appetite
- Risk plays a critical role when it comes to the safety and success of our bank, so you’ll have the chance to enhance your current skillset as you carry out a variety of risk activities in support of the CRO responsibilities
What you’ll do
We'll look to you to provide independent, objective, and insightful risk oversight, control, and reporting consistent with our EWRMF. As such, you'll provise a holistic view of any risks to our Luxembourg branch.
As well as this, you'll be responsible for:
- Providing leaders with regular independent risk opinions and presentations, including the ad hoc reporting of significant risks to our business
- Making sure informed, intelligent risk-taking decisions are ma while regulatory compliance is maintained
- Overseeing the first line of defence on material risks and their impact on risk appetite and the overall adherence to the EWRMF
- Delivering a credible second line of defence challenge to senior management and business teams on the management of risks
The skills you’ll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll have financial services experience involving senior management positions, and a track record of delivery across multiple businesses involving complex stakeholder, process and technology issues.
In addition, you’ll have the ability to maintain industry risk management leadership and have an awareness of front line processes.
Furthermore, you’ll need:
- Experience of using operational risk methodologies, including regulations, capital adequacy requirements, framework designs or deployment and oversight challenges
- An understanding of operational risks relevant to key business activities undertaken in a financial services organisation
- A track record of applying controls to manage risk at a senior level in a complex financial services organisation
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment that’s relevant to large, complex financial services organisations