Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as an Anti-Tax Evasion Analyst, Financial Crime & Controls
- Working in the Customer Data Exchange Centre of Excellence, you’ll collaborate with tax authorities and be involved in operational tax reporting, assurance and control processes
- Day-to-day, you’ll run the operational tax assurance and control framework to identify systemic and non-systemic issues
- If you’re ready for a new challenge, and are looking for a role that can open up a variety of excellent career opportunities, we’d like to hear for you
- We're offering this role at senior analyst level
What you’ll do
As our Anti-Tax Evasion Analyst, Financial Crime & Controls, you’ll act as a technical specialist and escalation point for our operations, clients, third parties and operational tax business support. Alongside this, you’ll mitigate and track actions with our operational tax leads and deliver remediation.
We’ll need you to contribute to the monthly operational tax forum, gathering the appropriate information and engaging relevant stakeholders to summarise the effectiveness of our business controls.
You’ll also be:
- Collaborating with wider teams and business areas to make sure operational tax processes, data quality, withholding tax and reporting obligations are effective
- Driving the completion of regulatory reporting assurance activities, including escalating risks to the Operational Tax Management team
- Demonstrating adherence to the group tax transparency standard and anti-tax evasion policy
- Helping Commercial and Private Banking to comply with operational-tax-related regulations, including the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and common reporting standard (CRS)
- Complying with domestic information reporting and withholding and transactional taxes, while contributing to Commercial and Private Banking’s operational tax forum
The skills you’ll need
To be successful in this role, you'll have at least three years' experience in a financial-crime-related role and excellent analytical skills. As well as this, you'll have knowledge of anti-tax evasion regulatory reporting submissions, requirements and processes, such as the FATCA and CRS.
You’ll also need:
- An understanding of operational tax regulatory reporting submission requirements and processes
- Experience of risk appetite and risk management
- The ability to analyse and evaluate multiple sources of information effectively to draw out risk-based conclusions
- Knowledge of how to prepare papers and reports within agreed timescales