Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Trading & Portfolio Management Director, Specialty Finance
- Finance plays a key role in everything that our bank does, which is why your role will see you carrying out trading activities on authorised NatWest Markets (NWM) products
- Day-to-day, you’ll make sure that trading activities are in line with the strategy and risk appetite of NWM while meeting financial objectives, revenues and costs
- Thrive in a leadership role that’ll have you delivering on our bank’s purpose and strategy as you make Finance a great place for everyone to work
What you’ll do
Finance works with a variety of people across our bank on a range of tasks. From providing advice on financial issues to influencing our decisions about investments, our colleagues in Finance make sure that there’s value in everything that our business does through excellent financial acumen.
In this role, you’ll assess the risks and returns for securitisation financing trades that NWM is involved in and understand the risk run by the desk while managing our risk positions within authorised business limits. You’ll also deliver hedging strategies to make sure our risk limits aren’t breached.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the wider deal team on assessing the risks involved in securitisation financing trades and managing the risks on NWM’s own securitisation financing trades
- Pricing and modelling the returns for NWM’s securitisation financing trades while targeting a sustainable and robust business and helping with the creation of innovative trade ideas
- Trading activities like the consistent pricing and delivery of the desk’s product range in line with NWM’s policies and the risk management of the desk’s books using hedging instruments
- Providing the accurate, complete and timely booking and recording of the desk’s transactions and reviewing the desk’s activities and reconciliations of its profits, losses and risks
- Making sure trading activities are in line with our policies covering market, conduct, operational, credit and regulatory risks while contributing to the product area trading strategy
The skills you’ll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need experience of working in securitisation consumer asset classes, have a proficiency in Excel-based bond valuation and knowledge of how to use Intex.
You’ll also need:
- An understanding of how to work with others from various teams in a constructive and collaborative way
- To be detail-oriented and good at managing others to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of how to write up quantitative analysis
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.