Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Financial Crime Investigator
- If you have an analytical mind-set and experience of working with Financial Crime processes, this is a fantastic opportunity to join us as an Investigator
- You’ll be delivering financial crime checks for new and existing customers, collaborating with colleagues to make sure that each request is completed in a timely manner
- This is an opportunity to join a supportive team where we’ll also take a real investment in your career development with us
What you'll do
Day-to-day, you’ll be performing due diligence checks for new customers and conducting periodic reviews, making sure that they meet all regulatory requirements. You’ll be gathering information from publicly available resources, the customer, their relationship manager and internal systems. We’ll rely on you to deliver consistent compliance with bank and regulatory anti-money laundering (AML) and KYC standards.
You’ll also be:
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of AML and KYC requirements
- Examining due diligence documents and information on the customer file based on specific trigger events, making sure that they are adequate and up to date
- Performing reputational checks, including politically exposed persons screenings and adverse and sanction checks
- Planning and prioritising your workload and maintain good relationships
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of working with Financial Crime processes and procedures. Recognised qualifications in these fields would be beneficial. Crucially, you’ll have good communication skills with the ability to liaise with relationship bankers and compliance teams.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of transaction monitoring
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Strong learning skills with the ability to apply attention to detail to deliver error free processing
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.