Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Depositary Services Team Manager
- You’ll be providing high quality depositary and trustee oversight services for the funds industry by undertaking varying tasks within the UK market leading depositary of the future
- Through managing the distribution of work and resources on a day-to-day basis, you’ll make sure that all client SLAs are met across the team
- This is a pivotal role, which offers excellent exposure, as you'll be supporting the Head of Operations and working closely with NatWest Trustee & Depositary Services managers, clients and service providers
What you'll do
Your role as a Team Manager will see you preparing and authorising high value payments in accordance with our payment authorisation policy. Alongside this, you’ll provide technical support and coaching to colleagues and assist the Operations Manager in identifying the training needs of the team through quality checks and process confirmation.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Leading and managing a small team of individuals responsible for daily tasks and supporting the service delivery of key client payments
- Taking ownership of client queries through to resolution, reporting trends and recurring issues to the Operations Manager
- Leading projects and embedding continuous improvement
- Deputising for the Operations Manager as and when needed
- Delivering varying requirements that are undertaken in accordance with individual responsibilities detailed in the relevant policies
The skills you'll need
You’ll need knowledge of operational procedures and a good understanding of compliance and regulatory regime in which fund services operates. Along with this, you’ll understand the regulated collective investment scheme environment and have a good knowledge of payment processing and relevant controls.
You’ll also need:
- Strong experience of managing resource and people, as well as organising workloads
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work as part of project team, with both clients and suppliers
- The ability to interpret information delivered through multiple mediums, and work well under pressure
- Good knowledge of custody, fund accounting and transfer agency
- The ability to work independently or part of a team identifying, owning and progressing anomalies
How we'll reward you
You’ll join on a competitive salary of between £30,260 and £35,500 (depending on experience) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from NatWest Group Benefits, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.