Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Guernsey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Guernsey.
Join us as a Liquidity Solutions Lead
- Joining the Product Management team within Institutional Banking (IB), you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the liquidity desk, playing a pivotal role in the execution of the IB liabilities strategy
- You'll support the development and management of our suite of liquidity products ensuring they support our business strategy and maximise the customer experience
- This is an opportunity for you to make your mark by making sure that our products meet our customers' needs
What you'll do
We’re looking for a strategy-led individual to monitor deposit performance and assist with the development of the deposit strategy for IB to facilitate the appropriate liquid support to help with our asset book growth.
This'll require you to manage product income, including pricing, and the relationships with insourced, outsourced and third-party suppliers, while working closely with our Treasury, Finance and Customer Journeys functions to inform and implement our strategic plans.
You’ll also be:
- Identifying new opportunities to help us deliver a better customer offering
- Making sure appropriate data is collected to generate insights that'll be used to design and develop our products
- Recommending improvements and leading the change to see initiatives taken through to implementation
- Managing product risks and compliance, escalating and supporting the resolution of issues as needed
- Supporting the development and implementation of business development plans for client-facing business lines to increase term and notice account funding sales
- Delivering frontline client exposure to our larger, more complex clients to optimise deposit opportunities
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a keen self-starter with a good sense of commercial drive. Having a comprehensive knowledge of banking systems would be advantageous.
Ideally, you’ll also have a strategic customer focus and commercial acumen with a clear understanding of the wider issues affecting the financial services industry.
Furthermore, you’ll be expected to have:
- A track record of meeting objectives within deadlines and to budget
- Evidence of well-developed leadership skills
- An ability to identify areas for improvement and provide feedback and coaching to your team
- An excellent understanding of key income drivers across product lines to achieve financial targets