Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Product Owner, BaaS
- Working closely with your Product Manager and other mission teams in a cross-collaborative manner, you’ll ensure that the product is delivered on-time, within budget, and meets customer expectations
- You'll collaborate with your team on prototyping and validating potential solutions to customer problems, establishing that proposed features are valuable, usable, feasible, and compliant with policies and regulations
- As a key member of our team, you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you put the customer at the heart of our digital channel plans and constantly improve their digital journey
What you'll do
As a Product Owner, you’ll be leading the development and continuous improvement of how we support our BaaS clients, working with talented designers and engineers to deliver the best outcomes for both our clients and their customers. You’ll be setting the vision for our existing digital features and integrations to support those jobs, making sure that we continue to evolve and create a world-class digital experience. What’s more, you’ll take ownership of the roadmap and the definition, management, and prioritisation of the backlog.
You’ll also be:
- Building the best overall picture for your assigned product domain, based on robust research and user testing, and be the go-to person for information and progress updates
- Increasing user engagement across our client base by developing and maintaining a deep understanding of our target market, including its needs, pain points, and behaviours through market research and analysis
- Managing the product backlog and prioritising features based on customer and market needs
- Breaking epics into detailed user stories and feature specifications in JIRA for the team to pick up and build
- Creating comprehensive collateral and documentation for both internal and external consumption
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need proven experience as a product owner, product manager, or similar role in a BaaS or SaaS software development environment, paired with the ability to innovate, partner, and collaborate with customers and colleagues to implement the best digital experience for our clients.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- A passion for customers and a problem-solving mentality, with proven ability to conduct customer research, map out customer journeys, and identify opportunities
- A technical background with a fundamental understanding of core banking
- Strong stakeholder management, communication, conflict management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
- An overall understanding of technologies across mobile, web, and API development
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.