Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as Head of Customer Service & Operations
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for a dedicated, customer focussed professional to take on a leading role as Head of Customer Service & Operations across RBS International’s Depositary Services businesses
- We’ll look to you to deliver and lead successful customer and business outcomes and provide strong leadership and direction across your function as an active member of the leadership team
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop your leadership profile and make a real difference to our clients, the underlying investors we exist to protect and the future of our business
- This is a hybrid role where you'll work from home some of the time, but you’ll also spend a significant amount of time working from our Edinburgh office
What you'll do
You’ll hit the ground running in this role, leading your team to success with strong people and resource management. You’ll be making sure your unit is efficiently planned and that all service level targets are achieved, with a focus on optimising capacity, reducing costs and managing operational escalations, disputes and risks whilst embedding and driving continuous development of our new cloud native proprietary system.
You’ll be working to understand and anticipate client and regulatory needs, by actively reviewing performance targets, regulatory and market insights and client engagements to drive the team to identify trends and address areas of improvement.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Leading process re-engineering and automation initiatives to maximise efficiency gains, collaborating with support functions to do so
- Driving the engagement and development of colleagues, making sure plans are in place and implemented for training and accreditation
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date process documents, to define performance indicators, measurements and the reporting of critical MI to enable the right decision making
- Designing and delivering cost effective measures within the team and contributing to simplifying the bank
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a talented people leader, with experience of running medium to large teams in an operations business. Along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll have the ability to negotiate and build relationships with stakeholders at a range of levels.
In addition, you’ll bring:
- An in-depth understanding of the UCITS and alternative funds sector and it's products and services
- Strong financial services skills and experience of custody, fund administration and depositary
- The ability to adapt through a period of significant change
- An understanding of people processes and policies
- An understanding of risk, compliance and legal issues in different jurisdictions
- Knowledge of the relevant financial, regulatory and legislative developments affecting the marketplace and banking
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.