Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Director, CLO Structurer
- We’ll look to you to lead the origination, structuring, purchase and distribution of public and private collateralised loan obligations (CLO) transactions
- To do this, you’ll work with Sales, Trading, Syndicate and other functions to deliver a best-in-class service to US and European CLO managers and direct lenders
- Finance plays a key role when it comes to our bank’s performance, so you’ll find that you’ll not only be able to make an impact through your work, but you’ll also enhance your career profile
What you’ll do
Day-to-day, you’ll be working within our NatWest Market’s plc and Private Financing and Structuring functions and delivering a variety of funds lending products for sponsor customers across our Funds franchise.
Alongside this, you’ll work in Sales in the US and Europe to develop and maintain customer relationships, income streams or new business opportunities, before leading the distribution of private CLOs and supporting Syndicate in the marketing and distribution of public CLOs.
Your top priorities will include:
- Structuring and negotiating transactions and providing investment recommendations to the Trading function, where NatWest Markets intend to invest in public or private CLOs
- Helping Trading with their ongoing portfolio risk management, including transaction reviews, negotiating waivers and amendments as needed
- Delivering term and revolving credit facilities, with a particular focus on subscription, hybrid or general partner facilities
- Reviewing potential transactions, including analysing structural risks and return profiles, while developing new structures, products and business opportunities to assist our customers
- Acting as a product subject matter expert and supporting customer-facing teams with their product knowledge, marketing materials and ideas to help with customer origination
The skills you’ll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need experience of working with publicly syndicated CLO transactions in an analytical capacity, including buy-side investors, sell-side structurers, legal counsel or rating agency analysts.
In addition, you’ll know how to lead transaction structuring, including its analysis, negotiation and coordination, and supervise junior team members. An understanding of advanced Excel modelling and the coding applied to analyse financial investments would be advantageous.
Furthermore, you’ll need:
- Excellent customer engagement and written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the core funds finance lending products, including subscription, hybrid and general partner facilities
- An understanding of relevant legal documentation, such as LMA and LSTA, and risk analysis and assessments
- Experience of analysing complex financial information and structural features to inform product structuring and deliver customer requirements
- A familiarity of macroeconomic and financing influences that affect the Funds sector and experience of developing new products and solutions for customers
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.