Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Netherlands and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Netherlands.
We’re looking for a Communications & Marketing Intern to join us in Amsterdam.
This is your chance to build on your knowledge while working in the dynamics of an international purpose-led financial organisation, acquiring new skills and perspectives through on-the-job experiences every day.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting the creation and delivery of internal and external content and events for both colleagues and customers of NatWest Markets N.V. across Western Europe.
The internship will bring you to the heart of our business in the region while also working closely with the marketing and internal communications teams in the UK. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications for Western Europe.
The role is based in Amsterdam and is available for 6 months, with a start date around September 2023. You need to hold a study agreement with a Dutch university or business school.
If you’re a student to obtain a degree in a Marketing or Communications related field, a hands-on self-starter with an innovative and creative mind-set, and interested in NatWest, get in touch!
What you'll do
- Support the delivery of internal communications and marketing plans in Western Europe across the full communications and marketing spectrum (digital, offline, social media assets, etc.)
- Create impactful content in line with our purpose, strategy and branding for both customers and colleagues
- Support event management for online and face-to-face customer events and internal town halls for colleagues in Western Europe
- Support day to day activities, administration and ad hoc requests for the Communication and Marketing function in the region
- Display risk practices and behaviours consistent with a culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think
- Ensure there is a disciplined and robust adherence to governance and communication sign offs, using mechanisms in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined Risk Appetite
- Comply with Our Code, all NatWest Group Policies, ‘How we manage NatWest Group’, and if applicable ‘How we manage our Business’, and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory, and legal obligations
- Complete all relevant and required E-learning modules
The skills you'll need
- A strong customer focus
- Basic knowledge of different communication channels and formats
- Great organisation and project management skills
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to learn and quickly adapt to change
- Collaborative mind-set and relationship building skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent (or native) English speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for detail
About the business area
NatWest Markets is the investment banking division of the wider NatWest Group. We provide financing, risk management and trading solutions to customers across rates, currencies, credit, securitised products and financing across the UK, Europe, US and Asia. Putting purpose at our core, we aim to be the partner of choice for our NatWest customers and their financial markets needs. Our businesses and product teams work closely together. Our customers place a premium on insight and innovation, and we focus on origination, structuring, risk distribution and high-quality client coverage to deliver this.
NatWest Markets N.V. looks after our European customers and is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with branches in Italy, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland and Sweden. Our customers include financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns, banks and asset managers. Our integrated, cross-product teams anticipate the needs of our clients and meet them through excellent service and seamless execution.
At NatWest Group, we champion potential, helping people, families, and businesses to thrive. We know our success depends on helping our customers succeed. By championing potential, we can make a meaningful impact in our customers’ lives and equip them to play a positive part in the economy and environment.