Audit, Control, Oversight & Assurance
Internal Audit, Risk - Internship
London, United Kingdom
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Before you apply
It’s important we assess you for the programme that really suits your talents. Please only make one application, and note that if you make more than one we’ll only accept your first.
Why Internal Audit - Risk?
In Internal Audit, we provide assurance for the bank by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to. We’re an independent voice in our organisation, integral to protecting our customers' interests and meeting our long-term ambitions.
Our world-class summer internship
We’ve designed our Internal Audit – Risk summer internship to give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
In our Risk Auditing team, you’ll start building your knowledge and experience in this area. You’ll get the opportunity to experience the other through a dedicated learning programme; making sure you have a great grounding in both.
This internship’s available in either London or Edinburgh
At the end of the placement, we’ll assess you on what you’ve learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our Internal Audit - Risk graduate programme, where you can carry the skills you’ve learnt forward and take the next step in your career.
Over the course of this eight-week programme, you can look forward to:
- Learning about our culture, values and goals
- Attending training workshops and getting involved with our day-to-day work
- Understanding how we audit different parts of our business and the different needs each area has
- Developing your numerical and analytical skills
- Gaining an insight into how NatWest Group operates and how we keep the bank safe and secure
- Exploring your capability by taking part in a business improvement project
- Developing your collaboration, creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Seeing first-hand how we work together as one-bank to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
How you’ll benefit
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of If you join a team based in London, you’ll be awarded an additional allowance of £3,450 (pro-rata)
Plus, you can expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Enrich your learning with access to world-leading research and insights
- Test and learn new approaches in a safe, inclusive environment
- Start building a global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our Internal Audit - Risk summer internship, you’ll need:
- To be in your penultimate year of university
- To be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- Great attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- A creative approach to problem solving
- An interest in Agile working
Ready to apply?
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!