Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
In Risk, our role is to make sure we're doing the right thing as an organisation - for our people and our customers. Risk management allows us to strike a balance between taking risks and reducing them.
It's our responsibility to manage risk across the bank, ensuring we have the right culture, strategy and rules in place. We also manage interactions with key regulators, providing trusted advice to the colleagues who are serving our customers.
Our world-class summer internship
Our Risk summer internship has been designed to give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
At the end of the placement, we’ll assess you on what you’ve learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our Risk graduate programme, where you can carry the skills you’ve learnt forward and take the next step in your career.
Over the course of this eight-week programme, you can look forward to:
- Seeing first-hand how we work together as one-bank to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Learning about our culture, values and goals
- Attending training workshops and getting involved with our day-to-day work
- Working with different risk teams to learn a competitive mix of practical knowledge and technical skills
- Learning about the models and practices we use to manage risk
- Accelerating your report writing capability
- Developing your qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Exploring your capability by taking part in a business improvement project
- Developing your collaboration, creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
How you’ll benefit
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £22,600 pro rata. If you join a team based in London, you’ll be awarded an additional allowance of £3,450 (pro-rata)
Plus, you can expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Enrich your learning with access to world-leading research and insights
- Test and learn new approaches in a safe, inclusive environment
- Start building a global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our Risk internship you’ll need:
- To be in your penultimate year of university
- To be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- A genuine interest in the world of finance
- Strategic-thinking skills
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Analytical skills
- To be comfortable challenging the status quo
Ready to apply?
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.