Risk Policy & Frameworks, Control, Oversight & Assurance
Risk - 12 month Internship
London, United Kingdom
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Before you apply
It’s important we assess you for the programme that really suits your talents. Please only make one application, and note that if you make more than one we’ll only accept your first.
In Risk, our role is to make sure we're doing the right thing as an organisation - for our people and our customers. Risk management allows us to strike a balance between taking risks and reducing them.
It's our responsibility to manage risk across the bank, ensuring we have the right culture, strategy and rules in place. We also manage interactions with key regulators, providing trusted advice to the colleagues who are serving our customers.
A world-class industry placement
If you’re looking for an industry placement as part of your degree, our 12-month Risk internship has been designed to both prepare you for working life and challenge you at the same time.
We welcome – and encourage – applications from a diverse range of degree disciplines, including arts, legal, STEM, quantitative or other fields.
At the end of your placement, we’ll assess you on what you’ve learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our Risk graduate programme, where you can carry the skills you’ve learnt forward and take the next step in your career.
Over the course of this 12-month placement, you can look forward to:
- Learning about our culture, values and goals
- Seeing first-hand how we work together as one-bank to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Attending training workshops and getting involved with our day-to-day work
- Working with different risk teams to learn a competitive mix of practical knowledge and technical skills
- Learning about the models and practices we use to manage risk
- Accelerating your report writing capability
- Developing your qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Exploring your capability by taking part in a business improvement project
How you’ll benefit
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £23,650. If you join a team based in London, you’ll be awarded an additional allowance of £3,450 (pro rata)
Plus, you can expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Enrich your learning with access to world-leading research and insights
- Test and learn new approaches in a safe, inclusive environment
- Start building a global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our Risk placement you’ll need:
- To be in your penultimate year of university
- To be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- A genuine interest in the world of finance
- Strategic-thinking skills
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Analytical skills
- To be comfortable challenging the status quo
Ready to apply?
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!