Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Why NatWest Markets, and why Front Office?
At NatWest Markets, we focus on what we do best and what matters most to our customers.
Our Front Office business is truly customer oriented and organised into three distinct areas: Capital Markets, Customer Sales, and Trading. Our key areas of focus include Rates, FX, Investment Grade and High Yields Credit businesses.
Our world-class summer internship
Our NatWest Markets Front Office summer internship has been designed to give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
At the end of the placement, we’ll assess you on what you’ve learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our NatWest Markets graduate programme, where you can carry the skills you’ve learnt forward and take the next step in your career.
Over the course of this eight-week programme, you can look forward to:
Learning a mix of practical knowledge and technical market skills
Seeing first-hand how we work together as one-bank to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
Learning about our culture, values and goals
Attending training workshops and getting involved with our day-to-day work
Exploring your capability by taking part in a business improvement project
Gaining a unique understanding of our products and services
Developing leading-edge, innovative solutions to serve our customers in the best way we can
How you’ll benefit
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £45,000 pro rata.
Plus, you can expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Enrich your learning with access to world-leading research and insights
- Test and learn new approaches in a safe, inclusive environment
- Start building a global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our NatWest Markets Front Office internship you’ll need:
To be in your penultimate year of university
- To be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree, or a 3.4 GPA
- A strong customer focus
- This opportunity is only open to students applying through the 10,000 Black Interns programme
- The ability to adapt well in a rapidly changing environment
- A flair for innovation
- Curiosity and an open mind
- A genuine passion for learning and development
Ready to apply?
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.