Front Office Markets Technical Specialists, Front Office Markets
NatWest Markets - Frankfurt Internship Programme
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Germany and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Germany.
Before you apply
It’s important we assess you for the programme that really suits your talents. Please only make one application, and note that if you make more than one we’ll only accept your first.
Why NatWest Markets Frankfurt?
At NatWest Markets, we focus on what matters most to our customers, and what we do best: providing financing, risk management and trading solutions in Europe, Asia and the US.
Here in our Frankfurt office, we aim to be the partner of choice for NatWest Group customers across Germany, Austria, Switzerland and beyond for their complex financing and risk management needs.
Our world-class internship
Our Front Office internship in Frankfurt offers 3-6 month placements in two distinct business areas: Private Side Front Office and Public Side Front Office.
For interns joining our Private Side Front Office, you’ll be supporting our Primary Capital Markets, Private Financing, Risk Solutions or Coverage teams in Frankfurt covering leading Financial Institutions, Asset Managers, Insurers, Corporates and Public Sector Clients.
If you join our Public Side Front Office, you’ll be supporting our Rates, Credit, Money Market and FX Sales teams in Frankfurt. These teams service our clients across Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Nordics.
Whichever team you join, you’ll gain valuable exposure to the full suite of NatWest markets products. You’ll engage in a range of client and relationship management activities too, including:
- Conducting financial analysis on fixed income securities and market trends
- Organising roadshows and client meetings
- Assisting our Sales teams with on-boarding, fund set up and settlement topics
- Maintaining files for trade booking, splits and allocation
- Analysing historical customer trading activity
- Preparing trade ideas and in-depth analysis for publication
How you’ll benefit
You can expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Enrich your learning with access to world-leading research and insights
- Test and learn new approaches in a safe, inclusive environment
- Start building a global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our Front Office internship in Frankfurt, you’ll need:
- To be close to completing a Bachelor’s degree, be studying towards a Master’s degree, or be on a gap year
- To be on track to achieving a degree classification of 2.3
- Fluency in English and German
- A demonstrable interest in finance and capital markets
- To be pursuing a client-facing career in finance focusing on capital markets, asset financing, fixed income derivatives and/or coverage
Ready to apply?
Please make sure you submit your application, CV and cover letter in English. And don’t forget to tell us which team you’d like to join and why.
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!