Risk Technical Specialisms, Control, Oversight & Assurance
Risk IRB & IFRS9 Modelling Manager
Closing date for applications: 01/03/2024
Manchester, United Kingdom
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Risk IRB & IFRS9 Modelling Manager
- This is a key role where we’ll look to you to lead the development and maintenance of quantitative models used in the bank’s risk frameworks
- You'll have the chance to supervise the day-to-day operation of analysts in your team, giving depth and variety to your development
- You'll be joining a team with a collaborative culture in a fast paced and high profile role
What you'll do
As a Risk IRB and IFRS9 Modelling Manager, you’ll be integral in the design, development and maintenance of effective and compliant statistical risk and decision support models and related analytics. You’ll be leading a team of highly technically skilled managers and model developers, making sure that you support their ongoing coaching and development.
You’ll also be:
- Providing the business and other stakeholders with advice and support on model use, model impact and model implementation
- Supporting regulatory engagement and internal governance in relation to risk models and model frameworks
- Supporting the business through developing and maintaining risk and decision-support models
- Providing actionable MI on all aspects of model performance
- Assisting your team manager with setting objectives for analytical resource and assessing performance
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of working in a modelling function or a related quantitative function, part of which is from a retail or wholesale banking environment. You’ll also be qualified to degree level in a numerate discipline with a background in data driven analysis and statistical or mathematical modelling.
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need:
- Experience of the development and practical application of risk models, including scoring and model monitoring
- Extensive banking and financial services experience
- A broad background of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail or wholesale bank environment
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, sharing ideas and learning from others
- The ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to identify alternative solutions