Technology Quality, Technology
Closing date for applications: 03/03/2024
Join our digital revolution in NatWest Digital X
In everything we do, we work to one aim. To make digital experiences which are effortless and secure.
So we organise ourselves around three principles: engineer, protect, and operate. We engineer simple solutions, we protect our customers, and we operate smarter.
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Quality Analyst
- If you have a keen eye for detail, then this could be the role for you as you make sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing
- You’ll be assisting the feature team to define testable work and make sure that desired customer experiences and outcomes are achieved
- Joining us in this fast paced role, you'll have excellent opportunities for progression and developing your analyst capabilities
- We're offering this role at senior analyst level
What you'll do
As a Quality Analyst, you’ll be supporting the Quality Manager and the team in executing against the strategy and quality by determining and advising which tests should be automated at which layer.
Promoting continuous improvement, you’ll identify opportunities for efficiencies to maximise the customer experience and reduce test cycle time by improving techniques, tooling, eliminating waste and creating a collaborative, proactive approach to quality in the feature team.
You’ll also be:
- Working in conjunction with quality automation specialists in writing automated tests and analysing the results of the automated tests
- Executing tests on a continuous basis triggered automatically by change events, minimising the execution time for the automated tests to obtain quick feedback
- Reviewing the business requirement, design and specification documents, and making sure that the test requirements are understood to produce and build the test plans
- Understanding RAIDs and managing them effectively to prevent late discovery and leakages into production
- Providing metrics to the business and the team that focus on quality and quality improvement
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need proven application of testing methodologies, including a range of Agile testing methods such as Test-Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development, as well as a wide range of testing automation tooling. You’ll also need practical experience of testing ideas, products, designs, planning and execution.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing such as system, system integration, user, load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and backout
- Exposure on PySpark and SQL
- Experience of delivering testing activities in a technology or IT function
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of systems development lifecycle
Our tech stack
Here’s just some of the technologies we use.