Risk Technical Specialisms, Control, Oversight & Assurance
Closing date for applications: 26/02/2024
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Credit Officer
- Take on a critical role that’ll see you identifying, assessing and managing credit risks
- You’ll have the opportunity to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- Hone your existing credit risk management skills and advance your career in this fast paced role
- We're offering this role at associate level
What you'll do
You’ll maintain an effective credit risk management framework that enables early identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of credit risks.
This will involve ensuring appropriate and intended customer and conduct outcomes in relation to lending and credit policy are being delivered through the oversight and challenge of policies and first line processes and controls.
- Fully comply with all relevant organisation, credit and business policies, including the creation of a robust suite of assurance measures
- Review all credit policies line with organisation, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Provide assurance to senior management that all control based activities are compliant with our standards and that all risks are reported and authorised
- Effectively manage the relationship between the function and bank-wide credit risk and other policy framework standard owners
- Achieve business as usual and project deliverables in line with milestones and terms of reference to a high standard through effective management of colleagues and other resources
The skills you'll need
You’ll need broad experience and an understanding of credit risk management, including principles and processes, and an in-depth understanding of regulation applicable to mortgages and consumer credit.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of working successfully as a team with management across an organisation
- Knowledge of risk management and control processes appropriate to a financial services environment
- A broad understanding of external regulations