Change & Project Management, Business Strategy & Delivery
Scrum Master, AVP
Closing date for applications: 26/02/2024
Join our digital revolution in NatWest Digital X
In everything we do, we work to one aim. To make digital experiences which are effortless and secure.
So we organise ourselves around three principles: engineer, protect, and operate. We engineer simple solutions, we protect our customers, and we operate smarter.
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Scrum Master
- We’re looking for an experienced Scrum Master to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- You’ll make sure that your team lives by the values of Scrum, empowering them to become high performing to increase the productivity, as well as frequency and quality of delivery
- Hone your project skills as you work with talented people in collaborative and innovative environment, with access to the bank's Agile community, experts and events
- We're offering this role at associate vice president level
What you'll do
This role will see you coaching and guiding your team to perform at their highest level and at a sustainable pace. You’ll remove any impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, protect the team from outside influences or distractions and work with the product owner to make sure that the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Making sure the Scrum team understands Agile practices, the Scrum framework and values, and that the team uses this framework to deliver working software to satisfy platform customers and react to their needs quickly
- Transforming the Scrum team to become self-organising to reduce management overhead costs, using techniques such as Systems and Lean thinking
- Acting as the process owner for the team, and maintaining relationships with the project's key stakeholders
- Creating a great place to work with a culture of safety and continuous improvement, through great people leadership, coaching, engagement and development of skills
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of successful Scrum adoption along with a Scrum Master certification. You'll need knowledge of modern development practices and tools, as well as a background in coaching cross-functional teams into high performing teams.
You’ll also need knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency, as well as experience of building a culture of transparency within feature teams by empowering individuals and inspiring a collaborative team performance.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience of changing organisational, team or department mindsets and structure
- An understanding and experience of applying empirical process control
- Strong knowledge of the Agile manifesto and its principles
- Experience of automated testing frameworks