Software Engineering, Technology
Software Engineer, PySpark
Closing date for applications: 26/02/2024
Join our digital revolution in NatWest Digital X
In everything we do, we work to one aim. To make digital experiences which are effortless and secure.
So we organise ourselves around three principles: engineer, protect, and operate. We engineer simple solutions, we protect our customers, and we operate smarter.
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven Software Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge
- Day-to-day, you'll build a wide network of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
- We're offering this role at associate level
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using your extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You’ll also be:
- Producing complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers.
You’ll also need:
- Experience in designing and developing Big Data pipelines on On-Premises and Cloud based tools and technologies
- Expertise in performance tuning of PySpark Jobs and advanced Python skills
- Hands-on experience in any programming language like Python, Scala, or Java
- A background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance
Our tech stack
Here’s just some of the technologies we use.