Join us in Stamford as a Vice President - Credit Manager with focus on Securitization in NatWest Markets
This is a unique opportunity to take on an interesting role in the NatWest Markets Credit Team, supporting the Business teams with a focus on Securitized Products and Structured Finance Derivative Solutions businesses.
- Joining a diverse and dynamic environment, you’ll be working predominantly with clients in the US, UK and Western Europe.
- You’ll be managing a diverse portfolio of connections across Corporates, Financial Institutions and provide subject matter expertise in the structuring process for securitization and asset backed finance transactions from a credit risk perspective
- Oversee and challenge the business and agreeing risk appetite levels by influencing Terms & Conditions in the negotiation process to minimise credit losses.
- As part of our commitment to support you in striking a work/life balance, we offer flexible working with this role
What you'll do
As Credit Manager, you’ll be managing the credit risk profile for a portfolio of diverse asset classes across Corporates, Financial Institutions and securitization/ABS/Covered Bond transactions. The ABS portfolio will include a broad range of asset classes not limited to Residential and Commercial Mortgages, Auto Loans and Dealer Floorplans, Credit Card Receivables, Student Loans, Leveraged & Middle Market Corporate Loans, etc. Demonstrating sound judgement, you’ll work with the business to agree on the risk appetite for the individual connections and your portfolio, and engage with front line business teams regarding new transactions, and attend and lead client due diligence.
Your key deliverables will include:
- Proactively manage the credit risk profile of the portfolio and ensure that risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- You will be directly engaged in the structuring process. Working closely with front office teams on new transactions, providing risk input on key terms and conditions to ensure the structure is consistent with risk appetite and relevant policies.
- Coordinating an efficient and effective credit approval process for all new business to ensure a good customer experience through timely decisions
- Recommend and approve credit reviews and new transactions in accordance with delegated authority.
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this Credit Manager position, you’ll come from a role where credit risk management is a key part of the job, and you’ll have a detailed knowledge of various Securitization / ABS / Covered Bond sectors as well as a good understanding of financial statements for Financial Institutions.
Previous knowledge of Financial Institution clients and products relevant to the role would be helpful, as would knowledge of traded products including derivatives and repos, lending, capital markets funding and trade finance activities, as well as their accompanied documentation.
We’ll also be looking for you to have:
- Understanding and application of rating agency securitization / ABS /Covered Bond criteria
- Experience in conducting client due diligence, with confidence to lead meetings
- Stress testing and financial cash flow modelling experience
- A strong analytical background which can be applied to transaction, structure and counterparty analysis
- Experience of holding an individual delegated authority and using it to approve transactions
- Good working knowledge of credit grading models
- Experience of preparing credit applications
- In depth knowledge of documentary and structural credit mitigation, in addition to current market standards.
- Experience in Non Performing Loan (“NPL”) financing transactions
It is the policy of NatWest Markets Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Opportunity Employer -Disabled/Veteran – review "EEO Is The Law", “EEO is the law- Supplement” & “Pay Transparency Provision” posters here.