Join us as a Financial Crime Risk Management Governance Lead
- This is an important position facing off to senior management and external authorities, where you’ll have the ability to create and support changes that will help exhibit the effectiveness of the bank’s financial crime framework
- Your role will allow individuals to critically think and support in influencing key decisions
- If you have a strategic mind, and ability to see the bigger picture, then this role will allow you to progress your career
What you'll do
You’ll be making sure that a stable and effective financial crime governance structure is in place for the bank with the appropriate forums, MI and escalation routes.
- Drive the management of financial crime risk to meet the bank’s conduct risk appetite and the expectations of our regulators
- Keep informed with the changing regulatory environment, and assess and communicate the impact to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to balance positive customer outcomes with regulatory obligations
- Oversee an effective approach towards development and training, succession planning and talent management, making sure that adequate succession plans are in place for all significant positions
- Oversee the development and implementation of the risk and control mechanisms for the business to use to discharge its responsibilities, independently overseeing and challenging effective management of risks and controls within agreed risk appetites
- Provide clear roles and responsibilities across the team and support personal development and performance
The skills you'll need
You’ll demonstrate in depth industry knowledge, technical skills and commercial awareness of anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, anti-tax evasion, sanctions, fraud, broader financial crime risk knowledge and risk management principles.
You’ll also need:
- A comprehensive understanding of good governance and the FCA Senior Management Regime across all lines of defence
- Experience of managing regulatory interactions and coordinating across stakeholder groups to achieve a common aim
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- An excellent ability to manage stakeholders and present key information which will influence and drive the decisions of executive level senior management
- To be a pragmatic and methodical thinker who can look at information and consider the whole horizon
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.