Join us as an Apprentice
- Join our apprenticeship programme, where you’ll be completing an externally accredited programme – Accounting Graduate Apprenticeship Level 10, which will take you up to 60 months and will to set you up with excellent career prospects.
- You’ll be joining one of our Finance teams, who’ll give you all the technical training you’ll need to be successful in your role
- This is a great opportunity to take ownership of your career path and build a network across the bank
- We will start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £23265pa which includes up to 10% pension funding
What you'll do
Taking on an apprentice role could be a fantastic starting point or change for your career. You’ll receive support every step of the way, with guidance, training and mentoring to help you reach your full potential. Your line manager will set you up with goals and an individual learning plan, to help you to complete professional qualifications or technical training that you’ll need to be successful in your role.
Once established in the programme, we’ll look to you, to support other new apprentices, using your experience to guide and support them.
You’ll also be:
- Completing your learning plan on time, which may include passing exams, submitting workbooks and providing evidence of your development
- Working closely with your apprenticeship learning provider and developing positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues
- Developing your knowledge and capabilities to undertake the job
- Preparing, analysing and interpreting complex financial information
- Using financial models like management accounting, budgeting, risk analysis and taxation
- Understanding digital technology to analyse and report data
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a strong communicator with the ability to build great working relationships. You’ll be a good problem solver, with an added ability to think analytically and logically and adapt well to change. Crucially, we’re looking for people with a passion for learning and high levels of determination, motivation and drive to succeed.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise your work
- A proactive and inquisitive mindset, with the ability to challenge and offer solutions
- Strong numerical and logical skills
- The ability to maintain a strong customer focus
- An innovative and creative mindset
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good planning and Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- High quality interpersonal skills and influencing skills, with the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to manage a large workload, prioritise and meet demanding deadlines
80 UCAS points (A levels or BTECs in England and Highers or equivalent in Scotland).
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.