Join us as an Accounting Policy Manager
- In this critical role, you’ll be providing technical expertise and advice throughout the business, regarding accounting best practice, company law and regulatory changes
- You’ll also be supporting with the development of responses to accounting practice and policy changes, and the provision of technical presentations as necessary
- It’s an opportunity to build valuable relationships with our Finance functions and teams
What you'll do
As an Accounting Policy Manager, you’ll be evaluating new accounting and company law requirements, in the UK and internationally, and briefing the finance community. We’ll look to you to identify and review best practice financial reporting in the financial services industry.
Your role will also involve:
- Contributing to the development of accounting policy in the UK and internationally, principally though the BBA and EBF
- Supporting the implementation of new financial reporting requirements and evaluating and distributing new accounting and company law requirements
- Contributing to setting our accounting policies and maintaining the accounting manual
- Advising on the financial reporting aspects of complex transactions
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a professional accounting qualification and relevant experience. We’ll also expect you to have the ability to identify, build and enhance key relationships, and credibly influence and challenge when needed.
In addition, we’ll look for you to have:
- An up-to-date understanding of best practice in developing accounting policy and practice and its application in a commercial context
- Expert knowledge of IFRS
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate issues clearly and succinctly
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.