Join us as a Legal Counsel
- This is an excellent opportunity to join us as a Legal Counsel, where you’ll deliver our legal strategy and provide expert, accurate and cost-effective legal advice
- Your role will sit within Outsourcing, Technology and Intellectual Property, so we’ll need you to have an understanding of associated legal issues
- It's an opportunity take on a varied and extensive breadth of work, where you’ll find solutions to challenges on a wide range of matters
- We're offering this role for a period of 14 months
What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to manage and coordinate the delivery of legal advice, supporting our Outsourcing, Technology and Intellectual Property teams. You’ll work closely with stakeholders and legal colleagues to ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives, either directly or through a team.
Alongside this, you’ll be helping senior management to build, manage and lead a team to attain high performance standards, with a focus on development opportunities and proactive succession planning.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Making sure that legal advice is readily understandable to non-lawyers, delivered within relevant timescales, and manages and minimises legal risks
- Supporting continuous improvement in operating practices and processes, including identifying efficiencies, improvements and opportunities to reduce costs
- Delivering the communication internal and external legal advice and providing input on transactions and projects to stakeholders
- Managing legal costs through the use of e-billing, auctions and other cost tools and driving a culture of disciplined cost management and controls
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll have experience of providing legal and commercial advice in relation to transactions and projects. You’ll be able to draw on your experience of working with law firms and other professional advisers and have knowledge of current legal issues facing banks and our business area.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- In depth knowledge of general banking law and practice and the financial services industry
- The ability to build rapport and establish strong relationships with colleagues up to senior executive level and external professional contacts
- The ability to keep up to date with and share relevant legal and market developments
- Good communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within your business area and across the bank