Join us as a Valuations Subject Matter Expert
- You'll be working on the Independent Price Verification for trading portfolio held by London trading desk
- We look at variety of products mainly for derivatives including futures, forwards, interest rate derivatives, CDS, inflation derivatives, currency and exotic options or structured products
- You'll be undertaking complex financial and accounting issues and supporting the wider team in achieving goals of the department
- You’ll be recognised as a subject matter expert, providing an understanding and knowledge on specific accounting topics related to the work of your team
- Hone your existing finance skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a subject matter expert you'll be accountable for a set of controls and projects that span across more than one person. As a result your role may include supervisory and line management responsibilities. You’ll use your financial expertise to oversee the calculations of statements and other financial reporting in-line with business requirements. You'll support project and process improvement initiatives as well as collaborate with the team leader in the review and challenge of team outputs. And you'll work proactively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around the process performed.
You'll be providing Independent Price Verification for the trading portfolio, looking at a variety of products mainly for derivatives such as futures, forwards, interest rate derivatives, inflation derivatives, currency and exotic options or structured products. You'll also be calculating bid offer reserves and valuation adjustments, as well as overseeing prudential valuation calculation and reporting. You'll be accountable for a set of controls and projects that span across more than one person, as a result your role may include supervisory and line management responsibilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the resolution of all non-standard queries around the processes performed and identifying improvements to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
- Making sure that your team provide an accurate and timely service, while ensuring all outputs are validated and delivered in accordance with agreed targets
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all trade bookings
- Making sure that activity is in line with all relevant external regulators and internal policies
- Making sure that appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk, balancing control, customer service and competitive advantage
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a degree in Finance, significant experience in the financial sector and expert knowledge of Excel, and knowledge of relevant products, including experience of valuation or accounting. You’ll have strong analytical and root cause analysis skills, coupled with the ability to prioritise and manage your time. If you have experience with complex trade booking and validation, this would also be an advantage.
We’ll also look for you to have:
- A CA or MBA qualification or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of SOX control framework
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely to all levels
- The ability to participate in and help deliver change projects, with good influencing and collaborative skills